New Member Outreach Representative
The Brattleboro Area Chamber of Commerce is one of the leading business and community organizations in Windham County. Boasting some 400 members, the Chamber strives to enhance a thriving business community by providing business leadership, advocacy, and value to our members. The Chamber’s goal is to support the community and promote the region as the ideal place to live, work, visit, and do business.
The New Member Outreach Representative is responsible for the cultivation of new memberships for the Brattleboro Area Chamber of Commerce as well as assisting in customer care toward the retention of existing members. The position reports to the executive director.
- Identify, cultivate and sell new Chamber memberships
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
- Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
- Works to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership
- Works renewal accounts and targeted major accounts as assigned
- Knowledgeable and fluent in all Chamber benefits and policies
- Maintains knowledge of goals and objectives of the organization
- Other duties as assigned by executive director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will have outside sales experience
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, detail oriented
- Self-starter with a professional appearance
- Comfortable working out and around the greater Brattleboro area the majority of the time, with some occasional time in the office
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
- Be a team player that works well in an adaptive environment
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Flexible schedule
For more information or to apply contact the Kate O’Connor, Executive Director at (802) 254-4565 or Kate@BrattleboroChamber.org.