Brattleboro, Vermont: A Great Place to Do Business!
Windham County and the greater Brattleboro area is a great place to do business. We have a diverse business community – manufacturing, health care, food producers, art, retail and tourism to name just a few – and a quality of life that can’t be beat! We bet you didn’t know that these businesses call the greater Brattleboro area home. The question is, “Why aren’t you?”
Mocha Joe’s Roasting Company (coffee), Grafton Village Cheese (award winning cheeses), and Ehrmann Commonwealth Dairy (yogurt) all sell their products nationally while operating with a commitment to socially responsible and sustainable business practices.
Recently acquired by Rolls Royce, R.O.V Technologies Inc. is recognized for innovation in design, manufacture and operation of remotely operated underwater camera and inspection systems used in nuclear power plants.
Creating fine ceramics, dinnerware and housewares has been what artist and designer Laura Zindel and her staff of local artisans have done for almost 20 years. Laura Zindel Design has been featured in dozens of magazines around the country and appeared on “The O List” in Oprah Winfrey’s “O” Magazine.
Brattleboro is southern Vermont’s destination for fine craft beer and spirits. The Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery, Hermit Thrush Brewery and Saxtons River Distillery use techniques and flavors that result in some of the best beer and spirits in the region.
Brattleboro Area Characteristics
- Population: (2000 Census) – 12,005
- Average Annual Wage:(2000) – $30,598
- Area: (Square Miles) – 32.1
- The Average Annual Temperature is 47 degrees Fahrenheit
- January’s average temperature is 25 degrees
- July’s average temperature is 73 degrees
- 81% of those who work downtown enjoy an average commute of 11.8 minutes
- Labor Force Draw Area: 3 counties in tri-state area
- 96,691 Brattleboro Region,
- 59,250 Keene, NH,
- 37,441 Franklin County, MA
Largest Employers By Industry
- Service 27%
- Retail 18%
- Manufacturing 17%
- Wholesale 14%
- Government 8%
- Finance 7%
- Transportation 6%
- Construction 2%
- Agriculture 1%