Permit Process

Brattleboro has a newly enacted zoning ordinance regulating food vendors operating on private land.  Effective August 6, 2013 mobile food units or food carts may operate in certain zoning districts with a permit.  The zoning permit provides specific information regarding the location of the mobile food unit or food cart to ensure compliance with setback requirements, minimum lot size, and safety related to traffic circulation, pedestrians, and parking.  In addition to the zoning permit a business license is required.  Any food business is also required to have permits from the state.

Food vendors operating on public land, including sidewalks and parking lots and all other (non-food) vendors must get a vendor’s license from the Town Manager’s officeForms are available online.